East Melbourne Terrace – upmarket rental
The brief from this client was to work quickly to transform their tired 80’s styling into 2 luxurious bathrooms that would help attract professional tenants to their investment property. These small bathrooms required clever insights into small bathroom design to make the space work both functionally and aesthetically. They had to look great and feel spacious and in a hurry too! Here’s how we did it…
In order to maximise space in these two small bathrooms Smarter Bathrooms designer, Keryn Gange, used some great bathroom designs tricks including;
• The vanity was moved from next to the bath, to against the wall as you walked in, creating an extra 200mm in length
• The walls were tiled with reflective gloss white tiles on each side, to maximise reflection of light
• The back walls were tiled using the floor tiles, so that it looked like the room continues further than it actually does
• Niches were used in the stud walls to remove the need for shelves that extend into the shower area causing visual clutter
• The bathroom vanity design was simple and sleek
• Simple no fuss fittings were chosen to minimise visual bulk and clutter
• Small toilets were utilised to maximise floor space
• The bathroom vanities are wall hung to give a floating look. This maximises the floor space and gives a larger feel to an otherwise small bathroom.
Time was an issue for the owners and Smarter Bathrooms designer, Keryn Gange, utilised basins in the ensuite and main bathrooms to double as counter tops.
The usual process is to install the cabinetry and then check measure the stone tops. The stone is then cut to size and installed. This process can take up to two weeks to achieve. By using these specific basins the build time was reduced by a week to 10 days. In addition to that, we used a prefabricated glass solution over the bath, which shaved a further 10 days from the build time.
These are just some tips for designing a small bathroom that looks good and works for you,
to learn more contact one of our award winning bathroom designers today on 1300 662 838 Or book your free in-home consultation online.