Smarter Kitchens interior designer, Vanessa Cook, was faced with a client brief to create more space in a small kitchen renovation that could not be extended in any way. Utilising smarterSPACE principles, she created double the storage space within the same footprint.
The client had an old kitchen that had been in service for more than 25 years in Balwyn. It was starting to show its age with outdated storage components and technology, not to mention the old school wooden look cabinetry that was so common in that era. They were struggling to store all their kitchen materials and the poor kitchen layout was an issue. The kitchen could not be made any larger due to space constraints.
Should you want to create more space within the same footprint use some for the following smarterSPACE principles:
• Plan your kitchen in Zones
• Store your materials at ergonomically correct heights
• More frequently used materials at mid heights
• Less frequently used materials at low and high positions
• Select cabinetry specifically designed for storage items
• Pull outs with high backs and closed in sides
• Avoid cabinets and use drawers
• Use full extensions
• Adjust work heights
• Use smarterSPACE inner dividers in your kitchen design
These are just some of our top tips for saving space in your kitchen renovation that looks good and works for you. To learn more, contact one of our award winning kitchen designers today on 1300 662 838. Or arrange free in-home consultation today.